The following terms form the basis of XjRestorations Ltd trading agreement with clients. Commissioning XjRestoratiosn Ltd is on the understanding and agreement of our terms and conditions on a contractual basis.
1. If an estimate of work is unable to be supplied by XjRestorations Ltd, the customer(s) will be charged at XjRestorations Ltd hourly rate of £69.00 p/h, per employee, plus all parts/materials/specialist services/consumables required, plus VAT at current rate.
2. Any changes, alterations or additional work required other than specified in the estimate supplied to the customer(s) by XjRestorations Ltd, will be charged at XjRestorations Ltd hourly rate of £69.00 p/h, per employee, plus all parts/materials/ specialist services/consumables required, plus VAT at current rate. All additional work will be itemised in the final invoice.
3. Any/all fuel purchases required for running/road testing will be totaled and added to the final invoice. Fuel costs are not included in any estimate of work supplied by XjRestorations Ltd.
4. All postage/courier/collection & delivery charges will be itemised and added to the final invoice. Postage/courier/collection & delivery costs are not included in any estimate of work supplied by XjRestorations Ltd.
5. Due to the high demand of work and limited workshop space, XjRestorations Ltd insists customers collect their car within 7 calendar days of receipt of the final invoice. Any later than 7 days will result in storage charges being applied at £100.00 per week plus VAT at the current rate until collected (minimum 1 week). The vehicle will be free to leave the premises once storage charges have been paid in full.
6. Any works paused at the customers request, or for reasons outside of XjRestorations Ltd’s control, will incur a weekly storage charge at a rate of £100.00 per week plus VAT after 2 weeks of works being stopped. Work will not resume until storage charges are cleared.
7. XjRestorations Ltd terms of payment are strictly within 7 calendar days of invoicing date. After 7 calendar days, vehicle(s) will be removed from workshop to secure outside parking. Storage charges will be applied at £100.00 per week plus VAT at the current UK rate (minimum 1 week) until invoice is settled in full. If the invoice is for a stage payment, work on the vehicle(s) will halt and storage charges will still be applied at XjRestorations Ltd storage rate of £100.00 per week plus VAT at the current UK rate (minimum 1 week). All storage charges will be itemised and added in the final invoice upon completion. Vehicles will be free to leave the premises once storage charges have been paid in full.
8. Additional labour charges may be applied to any supplied labour figures should any issues arise when fitting/installing parts supplied by customers. XjRestorations Ltd will not be held accountable or offer any form of warranty that may arise after fitting parts or materials supplied by customers.
9. XjRestorations Ltd’s liability is limited to the final value fee of the contract.
10. Supplied estimates by XjRestorations Ltd are valid for 60 days from date on estimate.
11. All mechanical works undertaken by XjRestorations Ltd carry at 12 month warranty from the point of payment.
12. Any tampering (modifications, enhancements, removal, separation) of any of the restoration works carried out by XjRestorations Ltdby either the owner or specialist other than XjRestorations Ltd invalidates all guarantee/warranty of the work carried out by XjRestorations Ltd
13. XjRestorations Ltd does not accept any responsibility for the way a customer(s) stores or maintains his/her car that may affect the quality and life of the restoration works completed.
14. It is the policy of XjRestorations Ltd that if any warranty work is to be completed, it is the customer’s responsibility to return/deliver the vehicle back to XjRestortations Ltd premises within the warranty period to be adjusted/repaired. Once completed, it is the responsibility of the customer to collect the vehicle from XjRestorations Ltd premises.
15. XjRestorations Ltd accepts no responsibility for any delay in receiving parts, materials or specialist services required to complete the job resulting in any delay of the estimated completion date.
16. XjRestorations Ltd insists on using the best quality parts available and we draw on our experience for obtaining and using the best quality parts for our jobs. XjRestorations Ltd accepts no responsibility for ill-fitting parts/components where an alternative is unavailable.
17. All parts, materials, specialist services and consumables purchased on behalf of the customer will be itemised in the final invoice and must be paid in full before the items/vehicle leaves XjRestorations Ltd’s premises.
18. A deposit fee of no more than 25% of the estimated job value may be required prior to work commencing on a customer’s vehicle.
19. XjRestorations Ltd reserves the right to retain any vehicle until the outstanding balance has been paid in full.
20. XjRestorations Ltd’s terms of payment are strictly 7 working days of invoicing date. Late payments are to incur a surcharge and/or loss of any discount offered. Any later than 7 days will result in storage charges being applied at £100.00 per week plus VAT at the current rate until collected (minimum 1 week). The vehicle will be free to leave the premises once storage charges have been paid in full.
21. XjRestorations Ltd accepts payments by bank transfer or credit/debit card. Our preferred method of payment is bank transfer. All Payments must be cleared on every occasion before the vehicle can be collected or delivered.
22. XjRestorations Ltd reserves the right to use any/all photographs or videos media of customers cars whilst in XjRestorations Ltd’s possession for either marketing or social media purposes unless specified in writing before the vehicles arrival.